Food-Grade Acid Dye kit
Everyone should have colour in their lives! Home yarn dyeing is very easy to do, and is very rewarding.
This kit contains:
- 25g Bright Red (E124 Ponceau 4R, E102 Tartrazine, Sodium Chloride)
- 25g Bright Orange (E110 Sunset Yellow FCF, E102 Tartrazine, Sodium Chloride)
- 25g Egg Yellow (E110 Sunset Yellow FCF, E102 Tartrazine, Sodium Chloride)
- 25g Brilliant Blue (E133 Brilliant Blue – Concentrated power)
- 25g Electric Green (E133 Brilliant Blue, E102 Tartrazine, Sodium Chloride)
- 50g Citric Acid granules
- & Full instructions
This kit will dye all of the Undyed silks on this site, as well as all other animal/protein based fibres and Nylon.
There is enough dye of each colour to do 2.5Kgs at full saturation. That’s a total of 10Kgs of dyeing.
(note, the blue dye is pure colouring, and so very concentrated, the other colours have salt mixed in – so, that powder goes about 10x further than the other colours!)
The Dyes are “industrial-grade” food colourings, such as used in the catering industry and so are food-safe.
In terms of usage, these are the next step up from dyeing with Kool-Aid or home user food colours which means that you don’t need special pots&pans to use them.
As this product is quite small, I can fit it in a DL mailer box, so I’ve set this so it will only charge you the “large letter” shipping rate.
7 in stock